Guide to create a professional blog step by step
Today I bring you a post that can come in handy, basically I will tell you how to create a professional blog without dying in the attempt. You know the importance of having a personal brand today, well the blog is the epicenter of these types of strategies and can help you a lot to position you as a reference for the ones that surround you. Keep reading this post and you will see all that I have to share with you ?
Table of Contents
- 1 How to set up a professional blog for FREE
- 2 In what can you invest to improve your blog
Why a blog?
I will summarize it in one word: learn. For me this is what a blog is about, constantly learning and being a better professional. Sharing is cool, but when you do it with people that read you, the satisfaction is even bigger. In the following I share everything that having your blog generates and also what it will cost you:
- Recognition in your professional environment.
- Continuous learning, you will always learn new things.
- Incomes, you can offer premium content, make affiliation marketing, collaboration with brand, formation, and conferences.
- You will feel you are contributing and that is one of the best sensations.
What do you need to set up a blog?
- A lot of desire to have a good time and share with people you do not know.
- Time to plan and create good content.
- Maintain a good rhythm of frequency in publications.
- Time to take care of your community.
- A blog set up as God demands, in other words, that is it attractive and easy to navigate in.
- Awesome plugins to make your blog the best of the area.
- Capture subscribers to create a community since the beginning.
Below I will tell you how you can create your blog by yourself ?
How to set up a professional blog for FREE
This is the moment in which you need to define various things important for your blog:
- How your blog will be called
- What will you talk about in your blog, define main, secondary, and sporadic categories.
- What key words will define the content of your blog (so that you will use them always)
- What logo will you have, please have one even if it is typographic, it is important for you to have an image.
- What colors will you use, minimum have two, one primary and another secondary.
- Define 10 initial posts for your blog
2 – Obtain the hosting and domain
I recommend you Bluehost for your hosting and domain. With Bluehost you can set-up is own blog in only 10 minutes even if you are not a techie.
3- Purchase and install an awesome template
This you can do it through Themeforest, here you will find templates for every taste, I only leave you three recommendations:
- Verify if the seller updates the template constantly.
- Read the comments of other users to prevent problems.
- Review real well everything that it includes.
4- Install cool and free plugins
This is my list of cool plugins for WordPress that I use to make my blog more attractive:
- Stealth Publish to publish posts without appearing in social networks.
- Pretty Link to create personalized links with your domain, for example, if I wanted to promote my link of affiliation with Amazon I could create vilmanunez.com/amazon
- Click to Tweet to add the option of twitting content from your post (this increases the social shares)
- Image Banner Widget to create clickable banners in the sidebar of your blog.
- Selz to sell products.
- Sumome to capture subscribers with popup, superior bar, and other ways.
- WordPress SEO a super easy plugin to use to position your content.
- Default Post Content so your posts are always with predetermined content at the beginning (for example: subscription box, last posts, etc..)
5 – Write your first content
At this point what is left is for you to have fun creating content ?
In what can you invest to improve your blog
Evidently not everything is free, if you want to launch your professional blog with a lot of power since the beginning, these are the investments I recommend you to do:
- Visual aspect
- Professional plugins
- Email Marketing (a tool that helps you)
I hope this serves you as a guide and that you launch your blog as God demands already ?